This weekend my parents came to MN for a visit. It has been awhile since I have seen my parents since the last time I was in Appleton was for a girls weekend and my parents just happened to be up north that weekend. Anyway, it was nice to see them as always. 

The other reason it was nice to see them was that they helped us with painting our basement on Saturday. I can not believe how much faster painting can go with 4 people ~ 2 rollers & 2 with brushes. We were able to do the first coat on Saturday morning.....took a break to go golfing in the afternoon, and then after dinner did a second coat. It looks great. We ended up going with 2 colors ~ a sage color on the east & west walls and a light brown on the north & south. One more item off the basement project list.
As mentioned Saturday afternoon we took a break to go golfing down in Shakopee. It was a great day for golfing and I was very surprised with how well I golfed. I think it helped that every hole was a long one because I am pretty good at nailing the ball. Its my natural softball like golf swing. Plus I like the drivers the most so I tend to use them as much as possible. Maybe too my golfing partner who gave me luck, since my cart buddy was my dad (usually its guys/girls). 



Jon and I only get out golfing a few times throughout the summer and usually it is with my parents. So given that we don't go too often, my back is not used to that type of swinging and by about the 12 hole my low back/hips tend to lock up and not rotate how it should to swing the club. The other reason could be that I start to loose interest somewhere around the 12 hole as well. After that I become the cart chauffeur and ball spotter. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment