Sunday my parents had the fun idea of heading up to the NEW Zoo in Green Bay for the day. By the way that is N.E.W. as in North East Wisconsin... duh! :)
We packed up a fun picnic lunch and headed out to meet some animals. Since we did not get there until about 11:30 we started with the picnic and were joined by a family of geese (the mama and her babies). I think they get fed in that area a lot since they had no problem getting close to us. But we didn't mind, they were pretty cute. They actually did not bother us so much since we were not sharing any of our lunch. There was a family near by where their kids were being entertained by tossing some chips and watching the geese chase each other for them.
Once lunch was finished we headed into the zoo. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of animals that were "active" for it being such a hot afternoon. I think we made it up by the Giraffe exhibit shortly after snack time for the animals as the one giraffe had his head right up by the viewing tower. It was pretty cool.
Not sure of what Brad thought about his first zoo experience. He was sure looking around at everything, but at the same time seemed to find the necklace I was wearing just as interesting. 
No comments:
Post a Comment