Tonight I had a night out with the girls for
Jessica's bachelorette party. Jessica and Ryan are getting married in Jamaica the first week of March, however, Jon and I are not going. We are trying to be practical and paying off debt versus creating more.....even though warm sunshine & beaches with our friends would be wonderful.
Jessica's bachelorette party. Jessica and Ryan are getting married in Jamaica the first week of March, however, Jon and I are not going. We are trying to be practical and paying off debt versus creating more.....even though warm sunshine & beaches with our friends would be wonderful. ***Daydreaming***
Anyway, back to the story.... Saturday night started off with drinks at O'Garas and then we took the Shamrock shuttle from O'Garas to the Xcel Center for women's roller derby! We ended up being in the bar a little too long so we were near the end of the line for the shuttle and had to wait. Therefore, we were late on getting to the Xcel and missed a portion of the first half of the derby.
The nice thing was that the bus driver knew we had a party of 15 girls together so he made sure that all of us made it onto the shuttle....we did not have seats....but we were all on together. I was one of the last ones on so was standing literally in the front of the bus. I could have helped him drive, but instead just was able to open the door for us. :)
It was a good thing we had gotten tickets in advance as the roller derby was SOLD OUT! It was crazy there was probably like 200 people waiting in line when we got there and the place was already full when we walked in! The roller derby was completely awesome! I read up on some of the rules online prior to going so I did have some clue of what was going on, but it looked like a really fun game. Yes, there were probably some bumps & bruises, but also pure craziness on roller skates. Also, all of the women had some type of fun crazy clothing on.
Our tickets were just for general admission and having a big group there really was no spot for all of us to sit together. So, I decided to go talk to one of the security guards as I saw some front row spots on the floor available. Yes, these tickets were higher price than we paid, but no one was there. I was able to sweet talk to guard and landed all 15 of us sitting in the front row! Okay, this last picture does need a little explaination... This is Jessica's sister Jenna who is 6 feet tall standing next to Ryan's sister Robin, who is like 5 feet 2 inches tall. It just looked so funny when they were standing next to eachother waiting for the bus. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment