This weekend was a big weekend for our little man...he was baptised.
I was rather nervous on how he would do for the service as many Sunday mornings he does not make it all the way through and usually I end up back in the children's room with him. However, given we had family traveling from all over we chose to have him baptised during the Saturday evening service. He did wonderful! He was alert and happy for the first half of the service, which is when they do the actually baptism. Towards the 2nd half he started getting a little squirmy, but it was just because he was tired, so he took a little cat nap. Then after the service when we started taking some pictures, he woke up again. I guess he did not want to miss out on any of the action.
The gown that Brad wore has been in the family for years and was actually the baptismal gown that my mom & her sisters wore, me and many of my cousins wore, and then also now a few of the grand kids have worn. Pretty cool!
The other thing I was nervous about was hosting a party for like 25-30 people. We have never done this before, so I was not sure how much food to get and where everyone was going to be, but that turned out fine as well. A big thank you to Nana Betty who made Bradley's baptismal cake. It was perfect and tasted awesome too!!!
We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family. Three of my aunts and a cousin came over from Appleton, my mom & dad were here, Mark, Melissa, Emma, & Adrian came from Kansas City, and then many family members came up from Waseca to celebrate with Brad. The other fun
thing about the weekend is that we were finally able to meet our niece Adrian. I guess I was too busy, that I did not get a picture with her this time, but will have to make sure to get a few when we go down to Kansas City for Adrian's baptism on Easter. I did get a cute picture of cousin Emma holding Bradley.
No comments:
Post a Comment