Sunday, February 8, 2009
A sliver
In early January Jon was working on sanding the new doors for the basement prior to staining them and as he was wiping his hand down the outside the sand paper slipped and he got a sliver of wood stuck in his finger. It was a rather large piece so he tried to pull it out, but a piece broke off deep inside his finger. It was so deep that when he wanted me to poke & prod at it, I could not see anything in his finger and told him he was imagining it. Well for the next couple of weeks he kept poking at and said that there was a lot of pressure in his finger, but still I could see nothing. Also, his finger looked fine, it was not red or infected looking. Well today he said the pressure in his finger was too much and started picking at it with a needle. Eventually it started getting some fluid coming out and then all of a sudden I could see a brown spec. So we squeezed some more and picked with the needle a little more....and the brown spec started moving to the surface. Eventually we got it so close to the surface, I was able to grab it with my tweezers......and out it came. HOWEVER, I would not call this a sliver....I would say it was a hunk of wood that was in his finger. No wonder he was feeling pressure in his finger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment