Tuesday night is our regularly scheduled league night, however the last 2 weekends we also had games. This gives us a chance to play a few games against teams on different league nights. Unlike other sports I have played in the past, broomball never gets cancelled due to weather.
This week temperatures were and then finally dipped way below 0. Tuesday night was the start of the temperature slide and I believe it was about -10 degrees outside and we had a double header. But seriously, I made sure to wear one more layer of clothing than I normally do under my fleece and was just fine once we started running around. The other funny thing was that in between games I took off my helmet to take a break and all the hair around my face was frozen because it was wet from sweat and steam from my breath and then it just froze solid! Too funny. It was so cold that my camera battery would not work after the 1st game...so I took the battery out, stuck it someplace warm (in my bra), and then quick took it out after the 2nd game to get a few pictures. However, once we went inside my camera got all foggy since that was cold too. This was a picture of Jon and I, if you can see us through the fog. :)
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Broomball
Again this year both Jon and I are playing on my company sponsored broomball team. My manager, Wes, has been playing broomball for years out at Lord Fletchers and last year was able to get enough committed people to put together our company team. Both Jon and I played last year as well. What a difference a year makes, I feel like our team passes and works together better than we did last year. We are still puppies in this league and could use a lot of practice, but we have won a few games and that is what counts.
Our first game of the double header went well. We played a team that had a similar skill level to our team, but we ended up losing in overtime 3-2. It was the first time we went into overtime and had really never talked about how we would play OT. In OT it goes from 3 girls/3 guys down to 2 girls/2 guys. The second game of the double header really SUCKED! We played a team that was way better than we were.....we are a C team and they are are good A team. We lost 9-0....they were running circles around us due to their good passing and "plays". It was really frustrating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment