Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Trip to Appleton

Jon and I took the day off on Friday January 25th and decided to head to Appleton for the weekend. On Friday night Appleton received a fresh snow fall. Bailey was having so much fun in the back yard and the snow that she would not come back into the house.
We were able to spend some great time with my parents going out to dinner, playing games, and touring some magnificant houses in the Appleton Parade of Homes. One house we went through was over 9,000 sq feet. It was beautiful, but I can not imagine what you would do with that much space. I think Jon and I are going to have a hard time using both the living room and the family room once the basement is finished.

On Saturday night we were able to catch up with friends over a Kevin and Rachels house. We brought Bailey over to play with their dog Chewy, who is also a golden. They are not as vicious as the picture above looks I just caught them mid play. Kelly, James, & Gwen also went over to Kevin and Rachel's. It has been a few months since we have seen our friends kids and they all seem to grow so fast. Here are a few pictures from the evening. In one of the pictures Lily decided to put on Jon's slipper when he went outside to take the dogs out. The other is Brett giving me his best "cheese" smile.


The very last picture is from our car ride home....going through Wausau there was a hot air balloon just coming up in the sky. One of the things on my "to do" list some day is take a hot air balloon ride.

No comments: